Rosemary Feta Tarte Flambée



Oh, oh oh! This is my favourite and my mouth is watering! For me - Flammkuchen Day is a good day! Let's have all more Flammkuchen Days!

A "Flammkuchen" (Tarte flambée) is a traditional specialty of the Alsace. Since it is not far from my hometown I was able to enjoy this dish alot in my childhood. Being an adult I wanted to try it on my own and was pretty much surprised how simple it actually is.

It's not expensive and really easy to make. You can top it with anything you like and it will still taste delicious. For example this here, with feta, honey and rosemary, which is definitely my favorite.


If this is all too much topping for you and you are somewhat more of a simple eater just make a traditional "Flammkuchen". For the classical tarte flambée just spread some sour cream on it and season with salt and nutmeg. Cut onions into bits and spread it with some ham cubes on your tarte flambée.

Have you ever tried one? What is your favorite topping? I can't wait to get some more ideas to try out, I would love to hear from you! Until then, Quicktastycers! :-)





print recipe

Rosemary Feta Tarte Flambée
Ingredients
  • 200g flour
  • 110ml water
  • 1 tbsp. oil
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 100g grated cheese
  • 100g feta cheese
  • 2 tbsp. sour cream
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 2 mushrooms
  • fresh rosemary
Instructions
1. Take a bowl, add the flour, water, oil and salt and make a dough out of it. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes2. Now roll the dough into the shape of a pizza and spread the sour cream on it.3. Add the grated cheese. Wash the mushrooms and cut them into slices. Add the mushrooms to the tarte flambée. Now take the feta, cut it into cubes and add it to the tarte flambée.4. Now put the tarte flambée into the oven for 400°F / 20 minutes.5. When the tarte flambée is ready, wash and cut the rosemary, spread the rosemary and honey on the tarte flambée
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield:

No comments

QUICKTASTY'CS ON YOUTUBE