Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza



I admit - I am a complete Pizza Lover. I could eat pizza everyday without getting bored. So I really wanted to try out the "Low Carb" - Version of my favorite fod. I was really skeptical about the outcome since most low carb recipes just don't do it for me. But this pizza totally surprised me not only in taste but also in consistency.

So, there are millions of low carb pizza recipes out there and at first really none has worked for me. My solution: just let it bake ALOT longer. Yep, that easy! 


Once you get used into preparing the cauliflower "dough" there isn't really anthing that could go wrong! After doing it a few times I really get quicker and quicker and it doesn't seem like a endless time-consuming recipe anymore. 

Also I have completely convinced my husband and mom with this pizza - which is a huge "YAY" for the recipe. They love the idea of not regretting eating pizza.



Needless to say you can top your pizza with anything you like. My husband is a huge fan of artichokes and ham - works perfectly! I really never wanna miss this pizza recipe anymore!




print recipe

Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza
Ingredients
  • 250g cauliflower
  • 200g grated cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp. oregano
  • olive oil
  • tomato sauce
  • 1 -2 tomatoes
  • 1 big ball mozzarella
  • fresh basil
Instructions
1. Grate the cauliflower into thin bits and put it into a bowl.2. Add the grated cheese, egg, garlic powder, oregano and stir well. 3. Take the cauliflower mass and shape a pizza. Top the pizza with olive oil.4. Now put the pizza into the oven: 350F° / 40 minutes.5. Get the pizza and spread some pizza sauce on it. Now top it with anything you like (we used tomatoes and mozzarella).6. Now put the pizza back into the oven until the cheese melted.7. Cut basil into thin bits and spread it all over the pizza
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 big pizza

QUICKTASTY'CS ON YOUTUBE