Buttery Thyme Zoodles



I just love all kinds of pasta recipes. And everything would be just fine if there weren‘t all these nasty carbs. So I happily present you Zoodles. Noodles made out of a zucchini - so we can enjoy our pasta in the evening now aswell without regrets. Yeah, I admit I am one of these crazy women who try to avoid carbs in the evening. It works for me. So I am always on the look-out for tasty low carb versions.




In this recipe I also used some carrots along with the zucchini to make pasta out of it. Tastes delicious! But let me give you one tip - make sure to add the veggie pasta not until the end of the cooking, otherwhise they overcook and you have a really sad mashup on your plate :-)




I haven't cooked this for my family yet but after trying it today I am pretty sure they will love it! My mom is a complete zucchini lover (which i never understood when I was younger) so I am going to surprise her with this dish next time my parents are coming over to see hubby and me. Yes, my husband just has to go through all this carrot and zucchini day - I am sure there will be a mannly ice-cold beer in the fridge for him ;-)





print recipe

Buttery Thyme Zoodles
Ingredients
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 carrot
  • 200g chicken breast filet
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 150g cherry tomatoes
  • 3 tbsp. grated parmesan
  • 50g rucola or corn salad
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 tbsp. butter
  • salt, pepper, fresh thyme
Instructions
1. Cut zucchini and carrot with a spiralizer to bring it into pasta shape.2. Cut chicken breast fillet into thin strips. Put it into a lighty oiled pan and stir-fry until evenly browned on both sides.3. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and garlic cloves into thin bits. Add both with 1 tbsp. of thyme to the pan. Stir in the butter and let it melt.4. Gently fold in the zucchini and carrot noodles to the pan. Let them cook for approx. 1 minute. Don‘t let them overcook.5. Add some rucola and parmesan. If you don‘t like the taste of rucola you can use corn salad aswell or leave it out completely.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield:

No comments

QUICKTASTY'CS ON YOUTUBE