Ham Asparagus Tarte Flambée



A "Flammkuchen" (Tarte flambée) is a traditional specialty of the Alsace. Since it is not far from my hometown I was able to enjoy this dish alot in my childhood. Being an adult I wanted to try it on my own and was pretty much surprised how simple it actually is.


It's not expensive and really easy to make. You can top it with anything you like and it will still taste delicious. For example, with feta, honey and rosemary, which is definitely my favorite.

But this time it was my husbands choice to top it with ham, asparagus and mozzarella. I admit it is really tasty. To be honest I didn't even use real asparagus from the fields - I had to take them out of the glas since it isn't asparagus time here. But for me this totally worked and it is really just up to you which one you wanna use. Make sure you gotta boil them in hot water first in case you are not choosing the asparagus out of the glas.



If this is all too much topping for you and you are somewhat more of a simple eater just make a traditional "Flammkuchen". For the classical tarte flambée just spread some sour cream on it and season with salt and nutmeg. Cut onions into bits and spread it with some ham cubes on your tarte flambée.






print recipe

Ham Asparagus Tarte Flambée
Ingredients
  • 200g flour
  • 110ml water
  • 1 tbsp. oil
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 125ml sauce hollandaise
  • 8 rods green asparagus
  • 8 slices raw ham
  • 1/2 ball mozzarella
  • pepper
Instructions
1. Take a bowl, add the flour, water, oil and salt and make a dough out of it. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.2. Now roll the dough into the shape of a pizza and spread the sauce hollandaise on your tarte flambée.3. Prepare the green asparagus (boiling water) and spread the rods on the tarte flambée. Now cut the raw ham and mozzarella into cubes and add it to the tarte flambée.4. Season with pepper.5. Now put the tarte flambée into the oven for: 400°F / 20 minutes
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield:

No comments

QUICKTASTY'CS ON YOUTUBE