Gnocchi Salad


This Gnocchi Salad has impressed all of us! I admit this recipe made me a little nervous because of its ingredients - Gnocchis AND Arugula - apparently for no reason! But quite the opposite: I pretty much found a new star in my salad heaven!

I am not much of a salad eater - not even with pasta or potatoes - okay, maybe when we are having a BBQ I eat it for sure. But without lying this is a salad I am looking forward to eat. 


This recipe taught me to think outside the box. Because normally I instantly drop a recipe if I cannot image how it tastes. I am glad I didn't do it this time. I even found a new favourite veg: dried tomatoes.

For the recipe: If you don't have any olive oil at home you can also use the oil that comes with the dried tomatoes. I always do it like that and it has a wonderful flavour.

What's also good to know: If you have no time to to let the gnocchis cool off, just quench with water. It really tastes better with cooled down gnocchis. I am not a fan of warm arugula :-)






print recipe

Gnocchi Salad
Ingredients
  • 400g gnocchi
  • 140g dried tomatoes
  • 50g arugula salad
  • 25g pine nuts
  • 1/2 onion, red
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 tbsp. balsamic cream
  • salt, basil
Instructions
1. Cook gnocchis according to pack instructions. (Bring water to boil, add the gnocchis and cook them for approx. 2-3 minutes)2. Roast pine nuts in a pan until golden-brown.3. Wash arugula and cut it into bite-sized pieces. Cut dried tomatoes and onions into cubes.4. Now take all ingredients (gnocchis, roasted pine nuts, arugula, dried tomatoes, onions) and put them in a bowl.5. Season with oil, balsamic cream, salt and basil
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield:

No comments

QUICKTASTY'CS ON YOUTUBE