Eggplant Pizzas


You know about my pizza passion, right? Well - here is another creation of my favorite food. I am not sure if I can still call this pizza but it makes me feel good :-D

This is a low carb version of course and I am pleasantly surprised by the taste of the eggplants. I admit that because I have never eaten eggplants before. At least not I wasn't aware of. The recipe is really simple and in my opinion a nice snack especially for low carb fans.


  










print recipe

Eggplant Pizzas
Ingredients
  • 1 eggplant
  • 1 tbsp. salt
  • 3 tbsp. olive oil
  • 3 tsp. italian herbs
  • 1/3 cup grated parmesan
  • 1/3 cup grated mozzarella
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp. oregano
Instructions
1. Wash eggplant, cut it into thick slices and salt on both sides. 2. Oil the baking tray, put the eggplants onto the baking tray and spread some olive oil and italian herbs all over the eggplant slices. 3. Put them into the oven: 400°F / 25 minutes. 4. Now cut the garlic cloves into thin bits and fry the cloves in a pan with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. After 2-3 minutes, add the chopped tomatoes and add some italian herbs and oregano. Let it cook for approx. 10 minutes. 5. Mix the grated parmesan and the grated mozzarella. 6. When the eggplants are ready, spread one tbsp. of tomato sauce and one tbsp. of the parmesan/mozzarella mix over each eggplant. 7. Put the eggplant pizzas into the oven until the cheese melts. Approx. 5 minutes
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield:

No comments

QUICKTASTY'CS ON YOUTUBE