Austrian Pancakes with Cocoa



When we are hungry for pancakes it has to go quickly. This recipe is incredibly easy and not just for the little ones. This pancake batter is extremely liquid so it is more likely an Austrian Palatschinken instead of an American Pancake. But still very tasty and easy to do!


This is a recipe from my grandma who is from Austria. I admit she is the chef when it's about "Palatschinken" (Austrian Pancakes) and hers are alot thinner than mine but my husband enjoys them a tiny bit thicker. So if you want them thinner or thicker, feel free to find your favorite thickness. If you feel like you want super thin pancakes, equal to crêpes, you can just add a little more milk to make it easier.

I remember my best friend back when we were younger. Everytime she visited me my mom had to do these (Hi Jaana! Love you!) So I can definitely say this recipe had a strong influence on my childhood. ;-)







print recipe

Pancakes with Cocoa
Ingredients
  • 200g flour, all-purpose
  • 200g milk
  • 4 eggs
  • 100g sugar
  • 40g butter
  • 2 tbsp. water
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • as much as you like cocoa powder
Instructions
1. Take a huge bowl and add the flour, milk, eggs, sugar, butter, water and salt.2. Stir well. Use a hand mixer for a better consistency.3. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat.4. Pour the batter onto the pan (approx. ½ cup for each pancake).5. Brown on both sides6. When ready, add some cocoa powder on the pancakes and roll them up. 7. Put them for a few minutes into the oven so that the cocoa poweder melts.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 7 pancakes

No comments

QUICKTASTY'CS ON YOUTUBE